
While in college I became good friends (and study partners) with Kerri, who has a love for children's books. She had a collection of the best ones and she introduced me to one that I fell in love with- All the Places To Love. I remember buying our family a copy. We were so incredibly poor at the time, I still remember the cost. $15.00. Ouch! But I splurged and we still have it.
I came across it last night as I organized the kids book closet. And I called to the girls to sit down while I read it to them. So here we were, snuggled up together, amid the chaos of a half-cleaned toy and book closet, and read about a little boy named Eli.
When I read that book for the very first time I remember thinking "I love the name Eli. Maybe we'll name one of our kids that." But as years passed and the name became more popular, I dismissed the idea.
Until it was time to choose a name for our Littlest Clark. We knew that Connor was one of his names-that was a given. When we talked to the kids about the other name, it was UNANIMOUS!!! Spencer and the girls were insistent that it be Eli.
It wasn't until last night that I remembered my thoughts from college. Little did I know that thirteen years later I would have a little boy named Eli.
It's a neat book. It touched my heart all those years ago and it touched all of us as we read it again last night.
Remembering...all the places (and people) to love.
One of mine is a special little boy named Eli Connor.
1 comment:
Oh, I am so glad you purchased that book, I love it too! And wow, it has even that much more meaning to you now. What a treasure!
Post a Comment