Only the catch was that SHE knew what the surprise was, and her siblings didn't. For the past week we've all taken guesses as to what we'd be doing...roller skating, bowling, exercising, etc...and we all tried to ask her how to dress. She'd only smile and say, "We're inside and we're going to be sedentary." That last part made us all wonder, cause anyone who knows Shelly knows she never sits still!
So we all piled in the car and she directed my driving. "Go towards Emily's work. Turn left. Turn right. Park right here. Follow me."
We went here...

And did this...



I never would have considered taking my grown siblings to paint ceramics for an evening, yet it was seriously a great idea. It gave us time to create something, talk, laugh and just spend time together...uninterrupted. It was neat to see other families come in too to make something and we even saw some young people there on dates.
So when my bowl is fired and ready to come home, it will proudly sit on our dining room table...even if it does look like a little kid made it. It will remind me of Shelly, her surprise party AND the fact that I'm grateful she was born as my sister.

PS- I would like to remind those present that I was NOT there until 10:00 PM. Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment