Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Happy Day - reliving memories

Today was a fun day for me, a rare one you might say. I went skiing with my sister Shelly- and we figured out that we have not been skiing together - and alone - for 20 years. The last time I can remember was just before I left on my mission.

We skiied down memory lane and found that it's hard to duck down low enough to miss the branches that hung over the trails we used to ski. We're much taller now. It's also hard to go over jumps and bumps when our skiis are as long as they are. Skiing through the "forest" as an adult just isn't the same as a child.

She forced me to ski down the slopes I had forgotten we used to ski. She then led me down a few moguls - the things I dread. And then I led her down my favorite runs. It was fun! The sun peaked out a few times, but most of the time it was hard to see and so we skiied in the fog.

But when you're with a good friend, you still have a wonderful day.




Thanks to my Mom and my Dad for teaching us how to ski all those years ago. Skiing is now a tradition in my family, one that we're passing down to our children. It's given us time to get away from life, feel of the peace that is up at Alta, and it's made for memorable times together with our children.

Sweet memories have been made and skiing has become a "Healing Place" for us.

- We all have to discover where our healing places are-

No comments: