Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Motherhood

So what does Motherhood "look" like to you?

Several weeks ago I submitted some photos of our family...to a site written for moms, by moms, who are in the trenches...doing the same things as many of us.

This site was started a few years ago by two moms who have wanted to strengthen and be strengthened by other mothers.

It's called The Power of Moms.

They are having a photo contest and though I don't want to win anything, I wanted to share some photos that speak about the joys of motherhood.

I felt such a love and longing as I felt Connor kick my belly, knowing that he would not live long once he was born. I felt such incredible joy when I saw my son born alive and heard his sweet squeaks.

I tried to celebrate the moment. I guess that's what motherhood is.

So, if you want, you can go and look at all the photos submitted and vote for the ones that "speak" to you...about what motherhood "looks" like.

PS- DON'T vote for me because you know me. In fact, don't vote for us at all. I'm not out to win. I submitted our photos only because those moments were truely motherhood moments for me.

The Power of Moms is a neat website with a fabulous purpose.

Click HERE for the link.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I love the photos you submitted. If only everyone knew the "story" behind them!! What a treasure to have those beautiful photos!