About one week before we received Connor's diagnosis I read about a plane crash in Arizona which claimed the life of one man and whose other two passenger/pilots were fighting for their lives...as they had both been burned, one over 80% of her body.
I followed their blog, watching for updates on their condition. Then Connor's diagnosis came and for quite awhile I could not read about the plane accident or updates. I was trying to deal with my own situation.
But I'm back to reading about their family. Both husband and wife have survived and will be forever changed, physically and spiritually. As I read about them, and hear Stephanie talk about her struggles with pain and coming to accept and love "her new look," she inspires me. She makes me want to be better.
I have appreciated these kinds of blogs this past year. Cause at times I've wanted to sit down and throw an adult-sized tantrum. Reading Stephanie's blog has been a reminder of the things that are most important, yet she's "real," and she shares how she's felt God's love through this experience.
For nine months or so I've wanted to write three blog entries...one on forgiving, one on "gospel doctrine condolences" and one about my Heavenly Father...how He has been sweet to me.
I've learned more about God this past year than I've ever known. And it is sweet.
As you read about Stephanie, you'll get tidbits here and there about how He has been sweet to her too.
Read about her HERE, and from there, look up her blog. She's an amazing woman.
- Jennifer
1 comment:
I just got done reading Stephanie's blog a minute ago! I drive by Christian's parent's house a couple times a week, that is where they are staying right now. I keep thinking I should drop a little something off on the porch! She and her husband are AMAZING and their perspective on life is so admirable.
Post a Comment