Friday, February 19, 2010

Miracles

About four weeks ago in church, I sat and listened to people talk about miracles. I noticed that all they referred to were "living" miracles, ones where children or adults had been healed and continue to live.

It hurt to listen to them, as my son had not been granted this same "living" miracle.

Because Heavenly Father had started prepping us three years earlier, I knew that that was His way of softening the pain, and letting us know that it was His will that Connor not live. I have hung on to the belief that God sees more of the big picture than I do...and have tried to have faith in Him and what He's asking us to do with our lives.

Sometimes people consider an event a "miracle"- only if the person lives.

I am learning that sometimes miracles happen as a result of or after a loved ones death. The "miracle" may come later. But it does not necessarily mean "physical life."

But it may result in "eternal life."

Sometimes these "miracles" are a change of heart...as a result of a death...coming to know that God is real and that He cares.

I believe the miracle of Eli Connor's life is still playing out.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I love your perspective and am feeling bad about my last blog post. Please know that I consider it a miracle that you were able to hold your sweet boy, even if only for a little while. That too is a miracle in itself!! I have a lot to learn from you!