I hate that radio stations start playing Christmas music right after Halloween.
I wish they'd lay off until the day after Thanksgiving! Otherwise, It's just hard to feel like you've done a good job being thankful and grateful when you're listening to songs about presents and making lists of things you want.
Last year at this time I had to turn off the radio a lot as I ran to and from all our Dr.'s appointmemnts, cause it bugged me then and today I was reminded again how much it bugs me.
I guess I won't be listening to the radio much this month because I want to feel gratitude in my heart - to my Heavenly Father for all the sweet gifts He's given me.
I can't help but think of that song I used to sing all the time when I was little:
- from Johnny Appleseed -
Oh, the Lord's been good to me.
And so I thank the Lord
For giving me the things I need...
The sun, the rain and the appleseed;
Oh, He's been good to me.
1 comment:
I love the Johnny Appleseed song! It seems like such a celebration of all the good that God has given!
Post a Comment