Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Yesterday...

I stood in line at the grocery store and noticed a mom who was struggling with a crying infant who I guessed was born about the same time as Connor. She took her little girl out of her car seat to hold her and it hit me - "Connor would have been holding up his head by now!" If everything would have been normal.

Needless to say, I had to look away so no one would see my eyes swimming with tears. Regardless of the pain I feel at times, I also am so grateful to have been able to carry him and be his mom. I feel that so strongly.

On the day when Connor will have turned three months, his older sister Sydney will turn eight! It will be a bittersweet day - sad he isn't with us but glad to see his sister making the decision to be baptized.



So glad for my family. I love them all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sydney....you look BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! My Sydney was just baptized too! What a wonderful decision you have made and one step closer to being with your brother again. Give your mom a HUGE hug as I think of her often!

Hugs!

Julie

Bethany said...

She is growing up so fast and so beautiful!

A question I've been wanting to ask (but I've been afraid...): Do you ever wonder about Connor's personality? You know how you get little hints when you're carrying them? What hints did Connor give you when he was kicking you from the inside?

Natalie♥ said...

I just found your blog and I have spent a while reading it. The words just wont come to me so i can express how I feel about it. I am so sorry for your loss, I cannot even begine to imagine how you feel. All I can think is that your little Conner was one very special angel who came to recieve a body and a pair of wings back to heaven. Heavenly father needed him for something special. I know you will see him again someday and you will be able to raise him and love him. I hope the comforter is near you at this time and you feel the love around you. I admire you and your strength, it is people like who who make me try to be a better person. thank you for sharing your life so others can learn from it. keep your head high :)

Kate said...

Sydney looks so beautiful!! I have loved teaching her in our class, she has such a sparkly personality!! Can't wait for her baptism, let me know if you need any help. Hang in there!!