Monday, March 9, 2009

I love blogs!

Yesterday in church my friend taught a lesson about missionary work and I loved a question she had written at the front of the room - it was asking us if we had a missionary experience lately. My definition of "missionary experience" is when one person learns that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are real, they love us and are here to help navigate us through this life (rough definition, I know).

I immediately started processing this question and thought of a few of my favorite blog sites. There are a few that I love to visit because I learn from these other women. I learn about how the Gospel of Jesus Christ helps them during these difficult times that they are going through (one of them lost her little girl in and accident last summer). I hear their grief, yet hope shines through at the same time. They are an inspiration to me.

I have had missionary experiences lately, only I've been the tutuee. I have these "blog friends" (who don't even know I exist), and dear friends around me who will listen to me as I try to figure out how to utilize Christ in my life - and who share how He has helped them.

I was taught again this weekend that Heavenly Father is real, is aware of me and loves me. He is a kind and loving God and I have felt His mercy once again.

No comments: