
Our second daughter was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She then received what I consider to be the most priceless gift of this life, the Holy Ghost.
As I watched her squirm around in her chair, fiddle with her dress and look around the room, I got a little worried. I wanted her to pay close attention to her Dad who was sharing his knowledge of the Holy Ghost. I even leaned down and kindly whispered, "Listen closely Sydney!" I didn't want her to miss a thing her Dad was sharing.
As I watched her and listened to Spencer, I had a quick thought go through my mind, wondering what experiences she would have in her lifetime where the Holy Ghost would help her, when no one else could.
I don't know how much really sank in tonight, but hopefully enough that she'll remember he is there to help her. I am grateful for this gift. My husband and I wouldn't be where we are without him. Nor would we have had the sweet experiences with our Littlest Clark.
So, Spencer and I have the continued challenge of teaching our three living children to recognize the language of the Spirit. And I get to keep learning too, as his promptings are changing, become more and more subtle.
Learning...it never ends, eh?
1 comment:
What a special day for your family! The program you designed is beautiful too!
Post a Comment