But dang, do I miss him.
Some of you may wonder how I can miss someone that I really didn't know because I didn't have a lot of time with him. I may not have had a lot of time with Connor, but having had these sweet experiences (before and during the pregnancy and during his short life), and then they leave once their time has passed, you have a new void that wasn't there before. That void lets you know a member of your family isn't with you. And it makes you miss them all the more.
In the past month or so I've asked myself "Would I have taken Connor for granted, had he been born healthy?" Sadly, I know the answer is "Yes." It's a painful reminder to me that I may be too casual in appreciating my other three children, whose strengths and weaknesses are before me every day.
Tonight I am reminded that it's a privilege and a blessing to be a mom - to Elle, Sydney, Hayden and little Connor.

-photo by Miyo Strong/Busath
No comments:
Post a Comment