I don't want to talk a lot about me, but of dear friends. I am trying to teach my children to choose friends who inspire them to be better people (and to be the kind of friend who inspire their friends to be better). They have great friends now and am trying to prepare them for their jr. high and high school years. Anyways...I must say I think I am surrounded by wonderful people who I call my friends.
Today is the birthday of a friend of mine. Kayte is one of those women who I love to be around because she inspires me to be a better person. I'm grateful she's alive and that I get to call her my friend (or really that she's let me leech onto her). I was so touched and surprised to see her and her husband sitting in the chapel at Connor's service. Thank you for coming and for hanging out at Connor's Spot with us (notice my puffy and squinty eyes from crying all week long?).

-photo by Julie Williams (at Connor's Spot)
I received a phone call this afternoon from another dear friend who I met while living in Virginia. Emine makes me laugh and is my hero. She believes her religion and she lives it- to such a degree I ask myself if I do the same with mine. She is always defending my religion to others - when people make unkind remarks she's always the one to kindly say "If you want to know what they belive, you need to ask them." Go Emine!! Thanks for hanging out with the "Mormon ladies." We loved it and we love you!

These are only two women of MANY who have touched my life. I have many more whose names I could mention- but these two came to my mind today.
Kayte once gave a talk in church about "ripples." When you throw a rock into a still pond or lake, it produces ripples. She compared those ripples to the effects that our lives can have on others (effect/affect - never could remember which one to use when).
Emine, Kayte and Connor are only three people whose lives have affected mine, and in a good way.
To the rest of you (who I hope aren't feeling left out), the emails, calls, visits and small notes have been a lifeline to me lately. Thank you.
1 comment:
Thank you Jen..It is an honer to be your friend.By the way I remember making you laugh once when I told you about the soft blanket I had in Turkey..I can't tell the whole story because it is kind of emberissing but I think you know what I am talking about..:)))
Post a Comment