another good day. Spencer finally took a day off and we ran a lot of errands, trying to shorten our ever-increasing "to do" list. We replaced a few hinges on our kitchen cupboards, visited a few stores and went to Salt Lake Monument Company to choose a headstone for our Littlest Clark. A day in our "new normal."
It was so nice to spend time alone with my best friend and I didn't cry, even while trying to create a special monument for our son.
Know when I cried? Just a few minutes ago while I crawled on my hands and knees through Hayden's room, picking up the toys from his adventures. Why did they make me cry? I don't know, but they did. Maybe it was knowing that Hayden may be the last little one to play with these toys, and that Connor wouldn't get to. I don't know what it was, but I leaned against Hayden's crib and just cried, all the sadness washing over me. Cried for what I don't get right now.
But someday I will get to see my little man, and boy, I am excited.
Thanks for visiting.
Now, go give someone you love a hug.
1 comment:
I don't know you...but came across your blog through little Gracie's...you left a comment that I read and saw your blog address. Hope you don't mind me checking it...but I was really touched by this post and your others as well. I had a baby girl in November, and after reading and hearing about all these little stories, I just hold her and my 2-yr old a LOT tighter. Sad that it takes things like this to make us appreciate our children even more. Please know that our Heavenly Father is watching over you...blessing you with his love and comfort...and your little man will be waiting for you to return to him one day. You must be a very special family to receive such a sweet little boy!! You're in my thoughts and prayers now as well...with all the comings days, months, and years I hope you'll be able to find peace!!!
With Love
Becki Jones ;)
Orem, UT
Post a Comment