Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Two entries...

in as many days!! You lucky ducks.

This afternoon my dear friend Julie sent me the photos from "Connor's Spot." I never imagined I would watch my husband pick up and carry his youngest son in this manner, nor did I ever imagine we would need to pick out what color balloons to release at his spot.







On the drive to the cemetery I noticed the sun was coming out from behind the clouds ! Realize that it had been cloudy and dreary for several days and by the time we arrived it was sunny. The sun shining on those blue, white and clear balloons made it so magical (enough that one person commented that he wanted balloons at his service). We all just watched the balloons drift south and then watched as they drifted back, right over Connor's Spot again.

I consider it a gift from Heavenly Father that the sun came out, because it stayed out as long as we were at the cemetery. It was so warm that we all stood around and talked and I enjoyed that. Soon after we left the cloud cover moved back in. Some may say this was coincidence, but I know it wasn't. God is real, and he is a kind and loving God and gives us small gifts to let us know He loves us.






- all photos by Julie Williams

The week of Christmas was a special one, with such a mixture of emotions. But the feelings I remember most were of peace, love and gratitude - and I hope those of you who shared in this experience felt it and remember it.

Thank you Julie and Shelly!!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Wow!! You never cease to amaze me!! Thanks for sharing the pictures, they are beautiful. We love you!!

aunt dyanne said...

You don't know me ... but you might as well .... Julie and I could be twins in a lot of ways, except for her talents, which COMPLETELY supercede mine... but none-the-less.... we are bonded at the hip.

I love your writings about Connor. About the love in your family and the Faith you have. I just want to share a little story...

I have a friend, who's son and daughter similarly laid their son's earthly body to rest. (I hope they don't mind me sharing...) His name is Jett. At his service and on his 1st birthday - they too released baloons to be the "Jett Stream"... only one point. The other, I just heard today... Every Christmas, (there have been 2) in Jett's stocking, the family members give Jett a gift. A slip of paper, upon which is written something that family member is going to do to be more worthy to live with Jett again in Heaven some day.

I was so moved by this idea. After reading your story & about Connor... I just felt inspired to share it. I hope you don't mind...

My heart is full... and my prayers are for you and your family...

Sincerely....
Julies Sister...