Thursday, January 15, 2009

Guess What...

I fit back into my pants...only I find that to be somewhat depressing. Actually, I find it to be quite depressing. It's just another reminder that my body and time are moving on, and I truly wish my world could have stopped the night Connor was born. I wish our family could have been "in that moment" a little longer- though I want you to know I'm grateful for the hour and a half that we had with him.

I have felt such a mixture of emotions- most of which I won't share because it will probably embarass you, my husband, or myself later on in life. But know that I cry. So much that it bothers one of my children. She asked Spencer why I cry so much and he's tried to explain. We've known it's bothered her...until she picked up a book which was given to me last week and read it. It's called "Tear Soup."




Afterwards she came up to me and said "Mom, you can cry all you want." Something in that book touched her and helped her understand that all these tears are healing and healthy. And I'm so glad she's here to help me through this time in my life.

I love this book and want others to know of it - so if you know someone who is experiencing grief - give it to them! Or better yet, read it so you may get ideas of how they could be feeling and look at the suggestions at the back of the book.

PS- tonight we stopped by to see Connor's snowman and it was a tiny blob of snow, maybe 10 inches high. Guess we'll just have to make another one soon.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

What a sweet book for you and others that are going through such a difficult time. I think of you every day and so wish there was something I could do but living so far away it makes it tricky!! There's prayer .... so I will continue with that!