Friday, February 6, 2009

Six Months Ago...

I made a dentist appointment for Elle, Sydney and Hayden. I remember standing at the counter in the dentist's office, trying to figure out what time would be best because I would also have a newborn baby to bring along. I remember settling on an afternoon time because I figured I would probably be up in the night with our little baby. Well, last night I was up in night, but unfortunately it wasn't with my little boy.

Today I take Elle, Sydney and Hayden to their dentist, without an infants car seat in tow. This is just another sad reminder that Connor isn't here.

Little did I know how vastly different my life would be six months later.

If you're really lucky, I'll post a photo from Hayden's first check-up (this shall be interesting)! I don't know if he'll hold still or if he'll stop talking long enough to have his teeth cleaned.

I was under the impression that boys talked less than girls but Hayden blows both his sisters out of the water! Wish us luck with our "jabberwoky."

** Update **

Wanna really know how the dentist appointment went? If I showed all photos, you'd see some of Hayden with huge alligator tears in his big, brown eyes and one shoe kicked off his foot from trying so hard to sit up from those reclining dentist chair. And talk about SCREAMING!



It started out well until his brilliant mother decided she's sit him in an empty, yellow chair until it was his turn. I thought that by doing so I would "prep" him for what was to come. I actually got him to lie on his back and watch a movie that was being shown on a TV embedded in the ceiling, but I didn't know that he would have to move to a green chair. Whoops!! He wanted NOTHING to do with the green chair!!! It took a very patient assistant and I a good 10 mintues to get him to cooperate and he would only let her clean his teeth sitting up (her poor back).

But we made it out of there with a happy boy, who loves his toothbrush and toothpaste.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I am so sorry you have all these difficult reminders of your sweet baby. I am sure your heart just aches. Thinking of you!!