Earlier this month as Spencer and I were sitting next to each other, paying the bills, I ripped open a letter from our insurance company. Here's my journal entry:
Yesterday while doing bills together, i had the job of ripping open the envelopes of all the medical bills which are coming in. I opened one from my insurance company, unprepared for what it said. I started reading and made some funny noise, which made Spencer turn and look at me with a worried look and with a very sarcastic voice I started reading a form letter:
"Our insurance company would like to congratulate you on the birth of your new baby. We realize what an exciting and busy time this is for you...we understand that your time is focused on your infant and your family...your new baby and family need you."
Oh, another hurtful reminder. I know it is a form letter and they don't know that Connor didn't live long enough to come home. If they knew they'd feel embarrassed for sending the letter. I guess I need to develop a thicker skin to these things, but as you can see, my skin is still thin.
Fast forward to yesterday, when I received yet another medical bill from Connor's delivery. So I called the insurance company to get the kinks worked out of the misunderstanding and tried to explain what happened to my little boy without crying. It didn't work. I held it together pretty well, but I couldn't hide the sadness in my voice and I'm sure she could tell I was crying. The woman I spoke with was so kind and told me she would take care of it (normally they make you do all the calling, but she offered to do it herself).
Then today I received these flowers from her, along with a very kind note.


They made me cry. I was very touched by her kindness. Thank you Cherese. And to many of you. I have received other notes and gifts which I have not publically blogged about, but they too have touched me and they are on my list of all the things people have done for our little family.
I've had two better days - yeah!
3 comments:
Jennifer,
I found you! What a beautiful tribute and window into your soul here displayed with grace and courage through-out your struggle and wrestle with this Earth life! I feel it a wonderful miracle to have some sort of entry into your soul. My heart is deeply sealed with yours. Thank you for sharing your real life test with all around you. I am so glad we have met. You are my sister in Zion. You are in my prayers by name.
Ann
harrisunit@mac.com
Wow, what a sweet lady and what an "angel" from above!! I am so glad Heavenly Father is watching out for you and sending "angels" your way. Maybe you will have 3 better days in a row ... :)
What a sweet person and such a nice gesture!
I think about you all so often. I hope you can feel all the love coming your way from Virginia! *hugs*
Post a Comment