Thursday, February 19, 2009

A little creativity...

Since Connor passed away I haven't had any desire to pick up the camera or make anything new with Photoshop, until a few nights ago. It was nice to see a little part of the old Jen come back, looking for a creative outlet.

One thing that has been surprising to me is this emotion I have never experienced before. The feeling of not wanting to be happy. Who wants to "not be happy?" But it's how I have felt. It seems so wrong (though it's not), to go skiing or do other fun things because Connor isn't here. These other "fun" things seem so dumb and unimportant compared to my little boy's life.

I'm not explaining it well. Others have said it better - mine is just mumbo-jumbo, but I think you get the idea. I'm still in deep mourning.

When someone you dearly care about passes away, you have feelings you never knew existed - and some that just don't make sense!!

A few nights ago I had the urge to make something, so here it is. If you don't think it's cute, then don't tell me. I like it and it's made with bright colors, because I need some brightness in my life right now. It's also useful and it's much cuter than the one I used in Virginia (Kayte and Becky could attest to this).



I can't take all the credit for it - a dear friend of mine showed me another artist's work and I loved it! I am using some of her ideas and changing them to fit me. Thanks Kerri!

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Okay- I want one! So, so cute!!!

Kerri said...

Hey, well I already told you I LOVE it!! I love the style, the colors, the practicality, the simplicity ... just all of it!! I am so jealous you can do all this cute stuff on your own! I really need to learn from you!

Amy said...

Very cute!! Got to love photoshop!

orlisawyer said...

It's great! Send me a copy! I think I need a tutorial in Photoshop. There are some things I'd like to do and I can't really figure out how to make layers work.

Kate said...

I love it!! I hope you will share!!! You are the greatest..just keep your chin up! love you!!