Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Grandpa...


This past week has been a good one...because I got to see family!

My grandpa passed away after living for 97 years and he was ready to go. He has been missing my grandma, who passed away 8 years ago and I found that I was actually excited for his funeral. I wanted to see my cousins, aunts and uncles who I have not seen in probably 10-15 years. It was so good to see them again and show my children where my grandparents lived and tell them the crazy stories about my grandpa!

I also have been able to spend time with all of my siblings as a result of the funeral, and it has been wonderful. My older sister, who lives in Belgium, flew home for grandpa's funeral and we have had such a nice time! We spent a few days in Brian Head, relaxing and enjoying each other and the beautiful fall leaves. Aspens in the fall, mixed with pine trees is a stunning picture.




Then one evening this week we got together and tried to make our own photos of all of us kids. HA! Let's just say we had a fun evening and have some funny photos.



And it all happened because my grandpa died.

Several years ago he said something to Spencer and me...and it stuck. He said, refering to my grandma, "I hope she'll have me again."

I loved his thought. Makes me wonder how I am as a marriage partner? I hope that Spencer would "have me again." I hope my kids will feel the same way.

1 comment:

Megan Maree Walker Boehm said...

Love the picture of you guys! My mom and dad said the funeral was wonderful. Love ya guys!