Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Today...

I went to Lily's funeral and it was tender. I saw my dear friend Carolyn from Angel Watch and we talked (and I cried of course).

Then I rushed home to take my older children to the school Halloween Carnival. Sometimes these types of activities seem so trivial after losing a child, but my children who are living need these. I keep reminding myself of this.

And tonight is a night when I just want to run away from reality, dress in warm, fuzzy sweats and hide in my bed and cry all my sadness away.

But Hayden would come and find me. Or Sydney would need me to help her with her homework, or Elle would need help with her Halloween costume. So...I won't even bother hiding tonight.

Missing my littlest Clark, aching for Lily's parents, and another mother who recently lost her little one.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Wow, you have a lot on your plate! I am glad you have your children to be a "distraction". You are so needed and loved by them. What an influence you are to so, so many!