I was helping Sydney with her homework just a few mintues ago and while I helped her, Hayden amused himself with going through the kitchen drawers.
"What's this, Mom?" he asked while holding up a candy thermometer.
I tried to explain and in doing so it took me back in time to last December. We didn't make Christmas candy last year because I just didn't have it in me. But maybe this year I will.
But the thoughts of last year brought tears to my eyes and my voice cracked with emotion as I helped Sydney. Sometimes like tonight I think "I really have to live with these sad feelings the rest of my life?"
Sometimes it is so surreal that Connor was born and then passed away.
One sad moment. But the rest of the day has been good.
1 comment:
Those are tender moments that pull at your heart strings I am sure. Maybe you have those moments so Connor will stay close to your heart and memories will stay fresh in your mind. Hopefully many of those experiences and memories will be happy moments and not always sad ones. You are a strong lady!!
Post a Comment