Monday, October 26, 2009

Five or Six ?

"How many people are in your family?"

Six.

"How many plates do we need on the table?"

Five.

"How many people in your party?"

Five.

"How many movie tickets would you like?"

Five.



This number thing still trips me up. I find that I'm always a little flustered when people ask me how many we need. We only have five family members present but it seems wrong just to say "five." When I go to set the table for dinner I have to stop and think, "Now how many are there of us?"

Last night as Sydney set the table she said to me, "If Connor would had lived, we would need six plates!"

I love it when my kids remember their little brother. I love that they will bring him up in conversations. On their own. Sweet to my ears and tender to my heart.

No comments: