Monday, September 14, 2009

Missing Virginia

Last night I was making a collage of old photos from our days in Virginia...and it made me miss living there even more!



I love that place. I love and miss my friends who we met during our time there. I miss picking pounds and pounds of blueberries, enough to last an entire year. I miss driving the Blue Ridge Parkway. I miss hearing the cow "moo" in the morning. I miss hearing all the birds out our bedroom window. I miss the GREEN that Virginia is so famous for. I miss the southern accent. I miss hanging out with all the moms while we watched our kids play softball or soccer. I miss walking that mile to church each Sunday and having that special time to talk and laugh with our kids. I miss the beautiful dogwood blossoms which would bloom outside our window. I miss being in a total downpour (never saw rain come down so hard as I did there). I miss waking up to a misty morning and go running in it. I miss driving through Catawba Valley. I miss our drives to Mabry's Mill. I miss driving on narrow, windy roads through the back country.

Sweet memories!

And gorgeous countryside!

And the best of friendships were made.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Virginia misses you, too!

Chelsea said...

I love your pictures. They made me homesick and a little teary eyed. I miss Virginia, too!