Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Shredder

Last night I was home alone and decided to tackle the dreaded job of shredding a lot of old papers and bills which had stacked up. As I was doing it I realized that neither Spencer or I have done any shredding since the month before we got pregnant with Connor. So, as I went through, I saw papers that pertained to him and it brought on a wave of remembrance.

I found the receipt from the hospital when we bought his funky, blue teddy bear. I saved that receipt.

I found the cardiologists bill. Wow. That cost a lot.

Found the amniocentecis bill. That was even more.

It was embarassing just how many bags (yes bags) of shredded paper came out of our home last night.

I guess this is what life is like after losing someone special...you're going along and then you come across something that is a trigger, or a reminder of them and then it takes you back in time.

I feel so lucky that I have so many items and memories of our Littlest Clark.

I can't help but think of Mary, Jesus' mother. "She pondered these things in her heart." Hmmm...maybe I should do more pondering and less spilling of my guts on a public blog?

1 comment:

Bethany said...

You're not alloweed to keep it to yourself. I meet new people all the time with similar situations as yours and it's great to refer them to your blog so they can have someone to relate with. How awesome is that?