Monday, May 24, 2010

It's In!!

His headstone was placed today (during our lovely spring snowstorm), and we braved the weather to watch.  I wondered if the two young men who did the work thought I was a bit looney for taking pictures...


The dramatic tilt of the last photo was due to the fact that I was too cold and too lazy to sacrifice my dry clothes for a fabulous shot. So tilty it is!

Then for our F.H.E. (Family Home Evening) activity we went over to see it again, as not everyone in our family had been able to watch the installation.

When we arrived Hayden promptly asked, "Can I climb on it?"
"Yep," was the answer...because it has rebar in it! This is one headstone that is built for climbing and which we'll allow our kids to climb on and enjoy.

Thank you to each of you who helped make Eli Connor's headstone possible.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Its beautiful! I will have to come see it! I'm so glad you finally have it.

Kerri said...

It is beautiful and I actually like the tilted picture, it gives the photo character! :) I am so glad you and your famliy finally have this piece to enjoy.

Colin & Lori said...

Okay, I can't wait for a better shot but this brings tears to my eyes. It is beautiful. I love Connor's picture on it. It make me happy that it is there!