Friday, June 4, 2010

Random Thoughts...

from this morning.

Was Freud ever a parent? I don't think so (but really I don't know). Remember studying his idea of "stages" people go through?

Well, I think he missed one, and it's somehow a very important one!

It's the stage where children act like animals. Each of my (living) children have gone through a stage where they've wanted to be an animal...making sounds like a cat or dog, lapping out of a bowl, licking my face like a dog, leading each other around on a leash or galloping around like a horse.

Is it just my kids or are other kids like this too?

Hayden was a dog early this morning when he first snuggled in our bed and just a few minutes ago he turned into a cat. He has this need to be a frisky animal and then moments later he wants me to cuddle the cat (him) and "meow" back to him.

Why the need to be an animal? I have no idea, but I love this part of being a mom.

These were my radom thoughts as I mopped the kitchen floor this morning (in between cuddling my new little cat, which I've named "Wiggles & Giggles.")

So if you're bored this morning, come on over and you can either mop or meow with me.

1 comment:

Nate and Steph & Brooke said...

That's so funny! Brooke is either a doggie or kitty. Lately it's been a kitty. She tells us to call her "Shiver Popcorn."