Monday, January 25, 2010

Living for Eden

For the past year I have visited a few particular blogs...as they've inspired me in different ways.

Living for Eden is one of them. It's written by Eden's father, Paul Cardall, who is a musician and who has lived with a congenital heart defect for 38 years. Last November he recieved the gift of a lifetime...a new heart.

He and his family have been through a lot this past year, and yet he is still so positive. Trying to help inspire others through his blogs and music.

I have never heard of him until a few weeks after Connor's birth. Once I heard his music I quickly purchased a few CD's for our family to listen to. These CD's are now some of our favorites... Elle will turn them on and listen to him play the piano and it brings the sweetest feeling into our home.

Paul is having a concert in a few weeks...and donating money to other children who are born with the same heart defect that he lived with.

He and his family are ones who touch and inspire me to be better and to look for the good things that I have in my life...especially when things go south.

I love the title of his blog...Living for Eden...as it gives you a tiny glimpse into what this father most desired...to be able to live and watch his beautiful daughter grow.

- Jennifer

No comments: