I notice that I've been avoiding writing on the blog and I don't understand why. I've thought about it (a little) during the past few days and again this morning as I went grocery shopping. I don't understand my feelings.
Connor's birthday came and went and it was sweet.
But being on "the other side" of his first birthday...well, I guess it's a reminder that life really does go on and I need to jump on the wagon.
Maybe I'm avoiding writing because I don't want it to move on and don't want to jump on the wagon.
I don't want to forget him. I don't want others to forget him. Or his life to be for naught.
But deep down inside I know that others will move on with their lives and his memory will fade for many.
But I am trying my darndest to keep the memory of his short life woven into our everyday lives. Don't worry, I'm not a fanatic about it. But we're finding that at times during our everyday lives, he'll be brought into the conversation...not only by me or Spencer, but the kids do it.
Just the other day, a few nights before Christmas, I was reading the kids a Christmas story. Hayden piped up and asked "Mom, does Baby Connor have books?" His question totally startled me and it now makes me laugh!!
1 comment:
I am so glad that you continue to keep Connor's memory alive each and every day for your family and friends. We all have so much to learn from him and from all of you!
Post a Comment