Friday, January 22, 2010

Have you ever...

gotten shocked as you've reached out to turn a light on? Ever noticed what was on your feet at that time?

We've spent the last few weeks busy with end-of-term work and science fair projects...and Elle came up with a great experiment! She set out to figure out what kinds of socks will create the biggest shock.



Watch out...the shocks really do hurt. I got to listen to her get shocked again and again as she tried different kinds of socks...and some of those sounded painful! The fleeces ones keep you warm, but they'll also burn out an alarm clock.

Ask me how I know!

My husband was right and he warned me, but I didn't listen. I'm glad it wasn't our computer.

We're doing well. Just too busy.

Last January was painful, but peaceful. No one called me, no church callings, no appointments... what-so-ever.

This year is just the opposite. But I guess it's good for us.

Sometimes I think of Connor and it seems almost surreal that he really came...and went. Sometimes I hate that time has marched on, but then again, it only means I'm getting closer to the time I get to see my little man and learn about him!

I believe I will see him again and I hold on to that sweet knowledge, because it gives me hope.

We still hurt and wonder. When Sydney arrived home from school we snuggled for a few minutes on the beanbag and she tenderly asked, "Why did he have to die, Mom?"

Hope does not erase my pain, but hope helps me keep trying each day to be a better mom to those children who are here and I hope that someday I will understand the purpose of my son's short life.

I shall know why, when time is over,
And I have ceased to wonder why;
Christ will explain each separate anguish
In the fair schoolroom of the sky.

He will tell me what Peter promised,
And I, for wonder at his woe,
I shall forget the drop of anguish
That scalds me now, that scalds me now.

- Emily Dickinson

1 comment:

Kate said...

It was a great experiment!! I'm going to pay more attention to what i put on my feet!! I wanted to chat a minute at school..but I so needed to get out of there!! I love your blog!!