Monday, August 17, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane...

These next few weeks will be full of "A year ago today..." memories.

Today is the start of them.

One year ago today I went to a training for an volunteer organization that I am a member of, "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep." We make photos of little babies just before and after they pass away and give these priceless photos to their parents.

At the time I was about 20 weeks pregnant.

I was sitting in the training and sometime after lunch the thought was given to me. "If you were to lose your baby, who would you ask to make your photographs?" Immediately two names came to mind (Miyo and Julie). But just as quickly I pushed that thought to the furthest part of my mind and did not even think of it again until the following week - when the diagnosis was given.

Some may think that the question that went through my mind was coincidence.

But it wasn't.

Just another way of His breaking us in slowly to the fact that our youngest son would not get to live long.

There are some parts of my life that I would NEVER want to reliv. But this past year is one I wish I could redo and relive.

See, I'm still hanging out at Connor's door!

Bear with me.

No comments: