Wrong!
You'd think it's been months or years since I made wheat bread (it's only been a week or so). They saw it, starting eating it and made all their sandwiches out of it.
I laugh at the irony of the situation. When I was a kid I adored and lusted after white bread. My mom (bless her heart) made her own and it was a bit heavy and dry (she was taught to use hard, red wheat) and the recipes back then weren't nearly as good as they are now. So my siblings and I avoided wheat bread as if it were the plague. I am still trying to get my brother to touch a loaf of wheat bread, and that's using a ten foot pole!!
The loaf of wheat bread I purchased this morning is almost gone and the loaf of white bread sits untouched in the pantry. For me to watch my kids attack a loaf of wheat bread makes me laugh!
It was just a funny situation for me this morning.
It's a good morning.
1 comment:
Haha! Kids are always so surprising! I started doing this, I don't what to call it... this "thing" this year with some other bloggers called "Bake Your Own Bread" where we, surprisingly, bake our bread all year. I was doing so very well until mid-August. I hadn't bought a single loaf of bread all year, but then we got crazy busy and I had to do it. The funniest part was, my kids didn't like it very much! It was the same brand we had been eating regularly up until January. I guess I've spoiled them now. LOL!
Post a Comment