Yesterday I stopped by Connor's Spot. Do you know how weird and surreal it is to walk across the grass of a cemetary - just in the name of visiting my son? I know he's not really there, but I like to go occassionally.
The grass is lush and green, growing over his tiny nameplate which marks his spot. I spent a few minutes pulling the grass away - so at least I can tell where it is. Of course tears fell. Sometimes I wish his spot weren't so close to the road so I could visit and cry in private. Oh well. I turned my back to the road and let the tears fall.
Getting a headstone made is sometimes one of the first things that a family will have done after a death. But for some reason, it hasn't been high on our list - until now.
I think it's time to get his headstone made. A simple, beautiful one (okay, I know you've never thought that a headstone could be beautiful). But it will be to us.
1 comment:
Between you and Spencer I know it will simple, beautiful and full of meaning. Hang in there Jen we love you guys!
Post a Comment