Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Special Transcends Everything Else

I just got back from having lunch with Lori (Lily's mom) and Katy (Abigail's mom) and I came away happy and rejuvenated.

It's amazing to me how the three of us even came in contact with each other (ya gotta wonder) and I'm glad that I can count Lori and Katy as friends. It was neat to be able to talk about the things we have learned in the past year, as well as the things we are needing to learn (forgiveness is one of them)...but the feeling that I remember most is that each one of us would go through what we've gone through again...because the experience of having a child was so special. Giving birth to a baby who is alive and expected to live mere minutes is a special (and difficult) place...but the special transcends everything else. Even the pain felt afterwards.

Thanks for lunch you two!! It's neat to see us laugh and smile and be able to look forward...while are hearts are simultaneously looking back.

Because of Him, all three of us (and our families) look forward with hope.

We joked that we hoped our kids were friends "up there," and I piped in that they'd better be, otherwise when we arrive, we'd make them be friends!

See, the humor of a parent after they lose a child gets a little wacky.

1 comment:

Sara Jarvie said...

It is so neat that you and Katy know each other. I know you both from DC, her the Colonial ward and you the Crystal City ward.