Wednesday, May 6, 2009

When...

will this get easier? I thought by now it would be, but somedays "it" hits and I just want to cry...and cry...and cry.

Some days are good, but then the next is just full of sadness and I feel like I'm back at the beginning. A friend noticed that I haven't been blogging much lately and it's because I didn't always want to sound so down and negative.

Right now I wish I could hold him again. And bathe him again. And dress him again. And do all the things with him that I was never able to.

He had the softest cheeks! He had this fine, short, downy blonde hair on his cheeks and I loved to sit and just run my hands over them.

Touching his cheek was one of the last things I was able to do before we said goodbye to him at the funeral home.

Today I'm missing our "Littlest Clark" a little more than usual. Wishing I could hold him again.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry. Hang in there and cry all you need to. I just lost our baby (due to cord being in a knot) last week. Melissa Clark pointed me to your blog. I'm sorry you had to go through this but thanks for sharing. Don't be afraid to share your emotions, it helps the rest of us to know that it's ok to feel that way!