"No," she said. "They just grunt."
Her response made me laugh and brought a smile to my face and I've reflected on our conversation several times since then. I didn't think boys were supposed to talk as much as Hayden does. He never stops! We even quietly joke around here, "Help me, I'm talking and I can't shut up." (this is all in jest and isn't meant rudely).
I'm realizing what a gift my little jabber-woky is. My brother made the comment a few days ago - "Maybe Heavenly Father knew you would need a little chatter-box to pull you out of your sadness." And I think he may have hit it on the head.
I need Hayden's sweetness, when he isn't using his light-saber. I need his kisses and hugs - when he isn't teasing his older sisters. I need his flashy brown eyes to smile at me when I tease him. I need his cute comments to bring me back to reality when all I want to do is hide away because a moment of sadness hit.
A few days ago I got him to sit still long enough to cut his hair. He looked so cute I dressed him quickly in nicer clothes and drove him to the back alley of the old, local movie theater. There I took his three-year old photos, using the popular urban look (not a fan of it, but I thought I'd try it). So here's my chatter-box, using a stick to stir up an ant pile and smiling at me as he stands in the weeds.
Thank heaven for little boys (both of them)!


6 comments:
I loved this post! I too have a little boy who talks like crazy and makes me smile everyday! He too pulls me out of my sadness. I'm so glad you have one. Hang in there! And keep posting, I love reading your perspective!
He is beautiful!! I love the pictures. They capture his personality so well!! He is just a joy!! Thanks for sharing!!
Jen- Those pictures are SO cute! You have the cutest kids!! Love you!
Okay those are priceless photos! I am so glad you have Hayden as your little buddy to lift your spirits when you feel down.
I found your beautiful blog through Julie Williams who recently took photos of our little Abigail who passed away of Trisomy 13 almost a month ago. Thank you for your honesty and sharing your feelings through this blog. They have helped me as we prepared for the arrival and departure of our little one. Today at church, someone played the same version of "Consider the Lilies" that you have on your video and I wanted you to know that I thought of your precious Connor.
Hayden is soooooo cute!! give him kisses for me, and a few to the girls (Ellie's latest photo is gorgrous...or she is gorgeous and you captured her beautifully). xoxoxox.
Post a Comment