WE STARTED THIS BLOG TO KEEP EVERYONE UPDATED ON OUR LITTLE BOY WHO WAS BORN WITH TRISOMY 18 AND LIVED AN HOUR AND A HALF. CLICK ON "CONNOR'S LIFE" IN DECEMBER 2008 TO VIEW THE MOVIE SHOWN AT HIS SERVICE AND "HEAVY DUTY READING" TO READ AN ARTICLE ABOUT HIM IN NEWSWEEK MAGAZINE.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Connor's Life...
In photos...
Click on "Play" to watch the video...
We showed this short video before speaking at Connor's service - the pictures taken by "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep" photographers, Julie and Miyo - paired with our favorite music, was the only way to convey the feelings in our hospital room that evening.
Many thanks to Julie Williams and Miyo Strong. We will be forever grateful for the photographs you captured of our little boy and the emotions we felt the day he was born.
We have Bret & Sarah Barton to thank for compiling the beautiful video we shared at Connor's service.
We were so lucky to have such a good doctor and compassionate nurses. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, that is the absolute most beautiful and touching video I have EVER seen! I have not cried that much in a really, really long time. What a treasure to have the pictures, the video and your thoughts all recorded. Thank you for sharing it with me. I continue to think of you and pray for you. Sending lots and lots of love your way!!
Kerri
The video about Connor is really a little treasure. There is a poem from the Canadian author Mary Elizabeth Frye that I would like to share with you because it reflects so much how we welcomed and said goodbye to Connor.
Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.
What a sweet little boy. That was such a wonderful video of all of your memories with Conner. Your family is such an example to others. I appreciated the chance to take care of you and your beautiful little guy. Thank you for sharing that with me. You will forever be in my thoughts.
Jodi RN
It is a comfort to know that these precious newborn children are so perfect in the eyes of God that they have no need to face these earthly trials. Little one is yours forever and will greet you when you are taken home to Father's kingdom. L.S. in SLC--we also lost a little one.
Jennifer and Spencer,
This video captures the love the Savior has for us and the hope and desires we each have to be a family forever. It is beautiful. Thank you for sharing this special part of your life with us. May God continue to bless you and your family. Jeanna J. Hansen
This is so beautiful. Words cannot express. My wife and I were moved to tears by the pictures and music and we are so thankful you are so willing to share this special time with us.
Post a Comment