Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hayden's Prayers

One thing that I love to do is to listen to Hayden's prayers at night.  He's at that stage where he's grateful for everything...never asking for anything.

He thanks Heavenly Father for all the little things in his life, which are really the big things in his life.  His new skateboarder shirt, his popscicle, playing with his cousins, his light saber, watching Star Wars, his new dinosaur pajamas, his fuzzy blanket and his new bed.  I wish I would have kept a journal by his bed this past year, because some of the things he's grateful for are so funny, cute and endearing to me...yet they remind me to not overlook the little things in my life that reallly are gifts/blessings.

Last night Hayden said something in his night prayers that made me smile:  "I'm thankful that Baby Connor will come alive again."

I ditto that!

It is so neat to hear little children pray.  A gift in itself.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

What a sweet-heart!