Monday, June 15, 2009

Family Photos "After"

This weekend reminded me of some friends.

The first week we moved to D.C. in 2005, we met and made friends with a family who had recently had their oldest son pass away in an accident.

It was my friend Kristen who made me realize just how difficult it is to have family photos taken for the "first time" after losing a family member.

Now I understand.

This past weekend Spence and I "tried" to get away from life. But, after arriving in Park City we realized how much we missed our kids and made arrangements for them to meet us. We asked Elle to pack certain clothing so we could possibly make a family photo in a beautiful garden of daisys which we found.

It didn't work out for us to get a family photo - and that was okay with me. I guess I am still not ready for that "first." It will be hard to see family photos, knowing that the photo isn't quite complete.

But we were able to make some photos that I love - which show my husband and children being themselves!






1 comment:

Kerri said...

Beautiful photos ... so glad you were able to escape for a bit with your husband and kiddos!