Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ha...

Easter Day did not go as planned.

Spencer and I spent most of the morning in InstaCare with Hayden, who has had high fevers and developed a huge lump on the back of his neck. I didn't know we had lymph nodes back there.

We did make it to the last part of church and then went home to listen to our girls fuss at each other. Not what I had hoped for.

The sweetest part of my day came at dinner time, where we had the sweetest "question and answer" session over dinner about the last week of Christ's life and all the miracles he performed. The feeling in our dining room made me want to "freeze-frame" the moment and never leave. It was so neat to hear their questions and to hear them tell us what they knew.

But after 45 minutes our girls were done.

I was reminded (again) that sometimes I have to give up what I was planning on and must look for the good in what I end up with.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm so glad he is OK..Sydney told me he was not feeling well. Glad to know you are so flexible!! You are such a good mom!!