and we spent this evening planting a very large tree in our back yard. After planting it I asked Spencer if he thought we should call it "Connor's Tree," remembering that Elle had wanted to plant a tree in his honor. We made a few comments and we both laughed, but our mutual wish is that this tree will live!!
If it dies, we're going to rename it before we cut it down.
Pray that it will live. I'll post of photo of it when it leafs out. Now we'll make a beautiful flower garden around the base of the tree, full of white flowers which remind me of the white flowers my husband filled our house with when I returned home from the hospital, empty handed.
These flowers were the most beautiful arrangements I have ever seen. And I was touched by them and the thoughtfulness of my sweet husband, who sensed I needed to have them filling our home when I arrived home on Christmas Eve.
My dear brother and sister Lori combed the Salt Lake Valley in search of white roses - almost impossible on Christmas Eve.
We pulled up in the driveway and every light in our house was on and it was spotless thanks to some sweet elves in my family. The Christmas tree lights we on and I must admit is was a weird feeling to get out of our car and walk into our home without bringing an infant car seat in with us. I walked into the kitchen, where I saw the first of four, very large flower arrangements.
I was in awe. I kept staring at them and talking about them. Spencer kept trying to lure me into the living room, where I discovered the next arrangement.

Then up to Connor's room, where a small vase of beautiful, orange flowers was lovingly placed next to his crib.
I wonder if the person who put them there cried when they did so? I know I cried when I saw them.
Then on to my room- there were more flowers, each one a masterpiece of it's own. One of these days I'll come back to this post and include photos of them. When they were towards the end of their life we took each of them downstairs to our "studio" and made photos of them so that someday we can recreate them.

We took the ivy out of one of the arrangements and rooted it. It's now growing in our kitchen, a sweet reminder of Lori and Konnor's hard work and my husband's compassionate heart - wanting to fill our home with beautiful flowers so I would have something sweet to come home to.
The flowers represent Spencer's love for me and his efforts to make this "coming home" a little sweeter.
And he succeeded.
2 comments:
Oh wow!! What a sweet husband you have!! Now you really make me want to see all the photos of the beautiful flowers!! Please share them with us soon!
I've been thinking of you and your sweet family. Thank you for touching my life. Jodi RN
Post a Comment