Listing to the news reports last week about the shootings in Newtown, CN was a little hard. I noticed that I didn't want to read too much about it, and neither did Spencer.
While we don't understandldren's parents are feeling, we know there is unimaginable pain that will be felt more deeply soon.
When I heard about Emilie Parker, and learned that she's from Utah, born two days after Hayden, members of the same church, and after listening to her father speak, I took a special interest in her.
Then yesterday I received an email from a friend....her cousin is Emilie's dad.
Emaling back and forth I've cried for their family. Special experiences will come from Emilie's death...they will experience joy like they've never felt and they'll experience deep pain that they didn't before know existed.
Elle and I sat in the kitchen last night, talking about Emilie and what we could do for her family. Cool ideas if we can get them to work.
I'll ALWAYS be grateful to those who reached out to us after Eli Connor's death. Even if it was just a hug, or saying "I don't know what to say, but I care," those things meant so much to us. That support was so crucial and appreciated. Upstairs in our bedroom is a large, beautiful wooden box filled with Eli Connor's things...many of which were given to us by others.
Keep praying for their families...because the pain will really start to be felt in a few weeks, when others start to go on with their lives and the reality of their "new" life starts to set in.
No comments:
Post a Comment