In the past few days we've started receiving emails and notes from some very dear friends of ours, letting us know that they remember a little boy they've never even met. I have loved the notes and appreciate all the kindness that we've been shown.
While in southern Virginia several years ago, I had the privledge of living next to a woman named Emine for five years while our husbands completed graduate school. She was an awesome neighbor and a wonderful friend to me. Just a few days ago she sent me an email with the following message...which of course brought tears to my eyes as I read it:
Dear Jen...
I want to do something that would make you happy, so we came up with an idea of collecting canned food from our friends all over the world and taking them to homeless shelter in the memory of little Connor. I know that remembering your little man would make you more happier than receiving a priceless gift. If you want to join us on Dec. 22nd and take some canned food to the closest shelter, we would all do something little for our little man.
I want to do something that would make you happy, so we came up with an idea of collecting canned food from our friends all over the world and taking them to homeless shelter in the memory of little Connor. I know that remembering your little man would make you more happier than receiving a priceless gift. If you want to join us on Dec. 22nd and take some canned food to the closest shelter, we would all do something little for our little man.
No matter where I go, promise to send me holiday pictures of you and your family...
Emine
There's a (tiny) side of me that wants to skip over tomorrow so that I don't have to remember and open up the hurt again. But then there's the larger side of me that wants to remember all that I can about the little boy that we were privledged to hold for 86 minutes.
His little squeaks are one thing that still stand out in my memory.
They were very cute squeaks.
To those of you, like my friend Emine, who have remembered it's his birth day...thank you for supporting us these past few years.
- Jennifer
1 comment:
What a sweet, sweet post! I remember "your little man", always will!!
Post a Comment