I know my kids are growing up, and in some ways I'm excited for that. But recently I've come to realize that they do things right now that they're not going to do much longer and it's made me think about the things they do that I absolutely love (and will miss):
- I love it when Hayden and I take naps together and he'll snuggle up to me and throw is some-what chubby, four year old arm accross my neck and fall asleep.
- I love the fact that my twelve year old daughter will reach up and hold hands with me as we do errands together (that is, when we're far enough away from home that she thinks no one she knows is around). And I'm hoping she won't see this entry and stop this special hand-holding thing. I love it and cherish it when she does it!!
- I love it when Hayden tries to wink at me. It's funny to watch.
- I love the special talks Sydney and I are having this year as I spend about an hour in the car each day, driving her to and from school. It's a huge chunk out of my day, but I remind myself that this is one of the reasons I have chosen to stay at home. These funny conversations that we have are a bonus.
- I love to tell Hayden that I love him, cause I know exactly what he'll say and how he'll say it. "Luv ya too, Mom." And he says it in a soft, lovable voice that lets me know he means it.
2 comments:
Oh you made me cry! The time is going so fast. (Which I need to remember more on the long days). Glad you have such special moments with your wonderful kids.
Oh, you are so good at recording these "simple", yet precious moments. You are motivating me to do the same!
Post a Comment