I think this summer is going by WAY too fast.
Spencer and I sat down together and looked at our calendar this morning and I saw our summer evaporating...and I don't feel like we've even gotten a chance to play together.
We've been busy with good things...but need to carve out some time for family time. Know what that means? Road time!! Our fondest memories were of our 24 hour, $25.00 trips to DC during graduate school. We couldn't afford to stay overnight in DC, so this is what we came up with and we did this same trip several times...as they produced the sweetest memories. We'd leave our home at 4:00 am and drive for four hours to reach Washington, D.C. We'd play all day; riding the carousel, the paddle boats, visit the museums, go up the Washington Mounument, run around the Jefferson Monument (and of course take photos while we're there), walk the Tidal Basin and arboretum and essentially wear ourselves out. Then about 10 or 11:00 pm we'd start the long drive home and arrive during the wee morning hours. We'd be so tired out that we felt useless for the next two days, but these excursions were THE BEST.
Hmm...I think our family is in need of one of these types of trips...and soon!!! Before our summer is really over.

1 comment:
It's too bad AZ isn't a desirable location in the summer :)
Post a Comment