You're being an ultra-mean/ornery mother when your children ask you, "When is Dad going to be home?"
It's not said in the casual and curious "When is Dad coming home tonight?" voice. It's said in the "When is Dad going to come home and save us from you?" voice.
It's so true that I have so much power over the kind of attitude that permeates our home...and lately it hasn't been good. Harder than usual.
I want to change things and want to enjoy having my children around me. Sometimes I forget to stop and laugh and soak them in, and then I start feeling like I do right now...Ba-humbug.
When my kids are looking for their Dad to come and save them from their Mom, well, it's time for me to change.
4 comments:
Oh we all have days like that, don't beat yourself up too much!! You are an amazing mother to your children and they are so blessed to have you in their lives.
So, Jen,
Did you know that there are pretty much the exact same letters in ba-humbug as there is in hamburger? I think we should go get one soon. Nothing like a great hamburger. I'll call you.
As I always say you are a great mom. I learned a lot by just watching you with your children..miss you my friend:))
Oh, I have had one of those weeks! I've just been cranky and mean. I need a new attitude too. Let me know where you can get a good one, really cheap!
Post a Comment