Last week when she played that beautiful piece of music, it made both Spencer and I cry and all the people around stopped talking to listen. It's beautiful and touching. One man came running up to us and stopped the elevator doors from closing to compliment her and to ask her the name of the piece.
Last night she played again - only to an empty room. But as soon as she started playing, a man brought his daughter in. One look at his daughter told us that major medical things were happening. I watched to see what my children's reaction would be and then I walked over and started talking to them. This little girl is a cutie and later on I found out that her condition is a result of a little too much of the 18th chromosome.
Man- that 18th chromosome! But this little girl is living and breathing and making such progress.
It was so neat for me to watch Elle play and watch the power that her music has on people. She played the piano the day we told her that Connor wouldn't live long. Tears streamed down her face. Last night, a man and his daughter came to listen to her and even had pictures taken together. Music is powerful.
So is love.
3 comments:
Very nice, Jen. Who composed "Summer Ballad"? Bryce plays, and I would love to hear him play it. Can you email it to me?
What a tender post!! As always, love reading your blog! You are inspiring!
that's my Elli!!I would love to hear her playing oneday..by the way Jen check my spot I put my brother's wedding pictures in Turkey..I was there this summer too.
much love,
emine
Post a Comment