Sunday, July 5, 2009

Elle's Primary Talk...

Ellison was asked just a few minutes ago to share something in Primary about what strengthens her family. She came up to me and told me what she'd been asked to do and I asked her, "So what strengthens our family?" I was curious to know what she thought and I was thinking about how vacations and working together are two things that came to my mind. Without knowing what I was thinking, she just gave me this intense look and simply said, "Connor."

Duh.

She's so right. My sweet daughter taught and reminded me again.

So I sat down with her at the computer and watched her put her talk together and I want to share the first few lines:

The experience of having my little brother Connor was like glue and strengthened our family. We were closer together than we were before. It started us in a new direction and we said more prayers and our family needed the Holy Ghost to guide us. After he passed away, we just wanted to be really good so that we could go and see him again.

There was more to her talk, but those things were a little more personal and just for her to share.

For the past month or two I have been toying with the idea of taking this blog private and I think it's time. There are things I want to record and pictures I want to share, but I also want to know who is viewing it. I have kept it open this long, hoping that others will read and could learn something about me, and the grieving process (and how NOT to avoid those that lose someone), and what a neat little boy we had!

This blog is evolving, and into what, I do not know.

So, if you're interested in reading this blog in the future, send me a personal email if you have my email address or leave me your personal email address in the comment section of this blog and I'll add you to the list when I go private in the next little while.

- Jennifer

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Jennifer, I would love to be able to continue to read your blog. You touch me with every entry and help me through my own grief. stephaustin77@gmail.com

Jay and Krista said...

simplee_pritee99@hotmail.com
is our email address.
Thanks Jen! We love you!

Kate said...

I love your blog!! my email is 4katen@gmail.com...

Anonymous said...

Jennifer I love being able to read your blog. I find myself touched, helped, uplifted, saddened, encouraged, and feeling of your 'realness' all the time. I love you and thank you for sharing so much of yourself.
Andrea
anshumway@msn.com

Evans Updates said...

Jennifer,
I was in your ward in Virginia. I have loved reading your blog! As an ob nurse I've had some special experiences with families like yours and babies like Connor but I never saw the famlies again after they left the hospital or doctors office. Reading about your continued experience has touched me deeply. Thank you. Merianne Evans

merianne.evans@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Jen,

Your blog is incredible. It's so real, and strong, and sweet, hopeful, and heartbreaking. I have found gems in your writings that have helped me in my own struggles and helped me know how to succor others in theirs. Thank you!

Mary Creasy

winterbutterfly@comcast.net

R Family Lives said...

Jen,

I feel honored to be able to read your blog. I hope you will allow me to share it with you still in the future. Thanks.
Rebecca