With all the school shootings, bombings and other sickening acts I'm not always sure of how to prepare them...but then I come across ideas from other mothers as they post on their blogs. Their words of wisdom and insight give me ideas of what to say to my kids and I am appreciative of being able to access the wisdom of mothers who no longer are alive...like this from Mr. Rogers mom...

“’When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of ‘disaster,’ I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world.’ ~Mr. Rogers.
I copied another mom's blog where she talked about being the "light" and how for every act of unkindness and cruelty, she would do 100 kind acts.
Grateful for other minds who share their great wisdom with mom's like me....
No comments:
Post a Comment