Monday, December 5, 2011

He's Still Making Me Smile...

with the things he says.  And I don't want to forget them.

I wish I would have written down more of what our girls said when they were little, because they were cute.  Elle came up with my Mom's name when I tried to teach her to say "Grandma."  She transposed the word and came up with "Magee," (Ma-gee).  That name has stuck ever since.  Elle would call a backpack a "pack-bag" and every time her legs would go to sleep, she would say "my legs have the sprinkles."  Oh, so fitting.  There were more cute things she said, but I don't remember!  UG.

Sydney would always say, "On your marks, set get, go..."

Fun things that I thought I'd never forget, but I am.

So here's Hayden's latest...which I hopes make him laugh when he reads this as an adult.

1.  "Dad, I think I need deodorant!" It was funny to watch him put it on his cute little five year old armpit with that proud smile of his. 

2.  I overheard him talking to his new little sister in the other room.  She was fussing and I heard him say, "I can't feed you cause I'm a boy."  Then he added apologetically, "Sorry!"

3.  Sometimes at dinnertime we talk about the Happies & Sads of our day (when we remember to).  On this particular day Hayden shared the following:

Sads:  X is mean to me!  He hits everybody.
Happies:  X wasn't at school today!

Oh, this made me laugh and realize we've got some work to do!

4.  Hayden has lost his nice, orange winter coat somewhere.  It is not something we want to replace so we've prayed and asked for help in remembering where he left it.  On one morning as he got ready for school, I stated that we should ask Heavely Father again to help us find it.

H:  "Mom, Heavenly Father hasn't anwered our prayers."  Oh, immediate concern went through my mind...but then he followed up with this..."Because I think he's busy answering the Chinese's prayers."

It made me laugh!

Haven't found his orange, Columbia coat yet. 

Have you seen it?

2 comments:

Kerri said...

So cute ... I need to write down and journal more too! Kids really do say the cutest things!

Lauren in GA said...

I love, love, love kid's quotes! These were darling and charming. I love how Hayden said sorry for not being able to nurse his sister.

Elle's perfectly put statement of her legs having, "the sprinkles" reminded me of the time that Brian told me that his head hurt and his throat felt, "spicy". We took him in to the pediatrician and it turned out he had strep. The pediatrician got a chuckle out of the symptom of a, "spicy" throat.

Sometimes I nearly cry over the fact that I can't remember all the great things my kids say. I agree. UG.