Hayden especially loves the green backpack. He keeps telling me that HE needs a backpack and he even took it to bed the first night I brought it home. "Mom, can I squish it," he asked as he laid in bed with his arms gently touching the backpack. Oh, you should have seen the large grin when I told him yes. He squeezed that baby hard!
Then the next day he filled it full of his stuff and misplaced it in our home. "Mom, will you help me find it," he asked as he put his warm, chubby hand in mine and looked at me with those big, brown eyes.
I melted of course.
"Mom, what if we can't find it?"
"Oh, I think we can. But if we can't, then we'll say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father and Jesus to help us find it. Do you know that they know where everything is," I asked?
"They do," he said with big, wide eyes.
I love these moments when I can teach my children about the reality of a kind and loving God and what is even better is to see those times when their own testimonies come to view...like when they suggest saying a prayer to find a misplaced item.
Sweet moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment